I’m pleased to inform you that we have released JRebirth 0.7.4.
It brings some API changes ( some method names are now shorter to simplify usage).
Obviously it also provides some bug fixes and enhancements.
You should migrate to this new version immediately.
Next Steps will be the minor version 0.7.5 with some small (& big) features, let us know if you need something else like DooApp team which send us priceless feedbacks and requests.
JRebirth Team is also actively working on JRebirth Forge plugin that will greatly improve and speed up application development, any feedback is welcomed !
As usual 0.7.4 version is available on:
- JRebirth repository (http://repo.jrebirth.org)
- Bintray repository (https://bintray.com/version/show/files/jrebirth/JRebirth/JRebirth/0.7.4)
- and also JCenter repository (http://jcenter.bintray.com/org/jrebirth/core/0.7.4/ + https://bintray.com/repo/browse/bintray/jcenter )
Official Release Note is available here : www.jrebirth.org/releaseNotes.html
What’s new ?
0.7.4 – Core Release- 2013-07-22
This version must be used instead of 0.7.3 because a lot of API changes and bug fixes is provided. JRebirth’s Team is growing and we are now proud to have our own Forge plugin to build application faster (Thanks to Raj & Guru)
- API changes, a lot of method have been rename to hava a more concise name
CustomXXX method have been replaced, and now in example you just need to implement initModel instead of customInitialize method.
- Manage Image & StyleSheet as Resources feature
It’s now possible to load these resources with JRebvith resource engine it’s also possible to use them as JRebirth properties.
- Properties that define default folder for images and style sheets have been added
By default images and style sheets will be loaded from these folder .
- Parameterize Default CSS File feature
Define a default CSS file to load if none have been defined.
- Parameterize Application Name
Application name shown into the title bar of the stage can be parameterized as a properties instead of overriding the Application method getApplicationTitle.
- Provide Event Annotation for view’s root node feature
We can now attach event handler on the view’s root node by using a View annotation.
- Define id of the view’s root node with an annotation
Add @RootNodeId annotation to define id of the view’s root node.
- Manage default bindable object
Each Model class manage a default object and provides specific method to bound all properties.
- Improve internal commands
Internal command such AttachCommand and DetachCommand have been improved to be more robust.
- Fix a regression related to fonts preloading
Font preloading had been broken and so fixed.
- Fix deadlock generator
While using runInto method, deadlocks can occured in some specific cases, everything goes right now 🙂
- Improve overall concurency
Some parts have been refactored to improve race condition with AtomicBoolean.
The next development version is 0.7.5-SNAPSHOT and is now downloadable from OJO : oss.jfrog.org with timestamped version
It will bring some cool features (undoredo support, real Service Worker integration and many more…)