I’m pleased to inform you that we have finally released JRebirth 8.0.1.
This is the second release of the 8.x branch that have been merged on the master branch.
You can find the full release notes here : sites.jrebirth.org/org.jrebirth-8.0.1/releaseNotes.html
and the installation procedure here: sites.jrebirth.org/org.jrebirth-8.0.1/doc/Installation.html
This new version fixes some bugs of the 8.0.0 version. The most important ones is the module loading that was broken when Using JWS and the Component Interface management with support of WarmUp-able Component (Please note that this feature can be used with annotation procesor or by editing manually a configuration file).The next release will be probably focused on Server side, but don’t hesitate to ask features or bug fixes.
Special thanks to:
- an anonymous user that reports the WebView bug (by mail)
- Rizen59 that reports the WaveHandler’s request to know more precisely the Wave handling state (on GitHub Issues)
- Franck Facchetti that suggests to create a Wave exception handler and points out the ServiceTask’s lack when returning void (on Mailing List)
8.0.1 version is available on:
- Maven Central ( http://search.maven.org )
- OJO (http://oss.jfrog.org)
- Bintray repository (https://bintray.com/jrebirth/JRebirth/JRebirthAF/8.0.1/view#files)
- and also JCenter repository (http://jcenter.bintray.com/org/jrebirth/af/core/8.0.1/)
- JRebirth repository (http://repo.jrebirth.org)
8.0.1 – Maintenance Release 2015-03-17
This release adds some new features and fixes some small troubles.
- Add Exception Handler to Wave feature #142 An exception handler can be attached to WaveType to handle unplanned cases or generic ones.
- Improve Service Return Wave enhancement #141 Allow to send an empty wave even when the service task return void.
- WebView can’t be create into JTP bug #140 WebView is the only node that require to be created into JAT, add a flag into Models to force view creation into JAT.
- Modules don’t work with JWS bug #139 Module.xml files are now correctly loaded when using Java WebStart.
- SimpleModel should be released too bug #138 Allow to release SimpleModel when its root node is no more displayed into the current scene (like other Models).
- Undefined waves are consumed before all handlers (running into JTP and JAT) are processed bug #137 Add the WaveHandled status to declare that all handlers have been performed, WaveConsumed is set when all handlers have been triggered.
- Component Interface Management feature #107 Allow to manage Component declaration using an Interface (use the Module engine and AnnotatedComponentFactory in background).